• At 9:33 a.m. the owner of a 1997 Volkswagen reported that someone entered the vehicle while it was parked in the 200 block of Newark Ave. and removed a GPS unit valued at $125 from the glove box. Police believe the car was left unlocked.
• At 9:22 a.m. police said the owner of 2000 Toyota Camry called to report that their vehicle had been burglarized while it was parked in the 200 block of Newark Ave. Police said the owner told them the thief took a $100 GPS unit and tossed the contents of the glove box on the floor of the car. Police said the car was unlocked at the time.
• Someone stole $10 in bills and change, plus a cigarette lighter, from a 2003 Buick while it was in a shopping plaza parking lot at 425 Valley Brook Ave. Police said the vehicle was unlocked when the burglary took place. The incident was logged at 9 p.m.
• At 2:17 p.m. police were called to the Englewood Tire shop on Page Ave. where two customers in the waiting room were believed to be under the influence. Police charged Lorianne Stamatio, 43, and Alexandro Stamatio, 51, both of Lyndhurst, with possession of suspected crack cocaine with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school zone. Police said they had more than $1,000 in cash at the time. Both were taken to the Bergen County Jail, Hackensack, on $15,000 bail each, with no 10% cash option.
• At 12:18 a.m. police said officers pulled over a 2002 Acura which was traveling north on Ridge Road near Kingsland Ave. after observing that the vehicle’s front headlight was out. The driver, David Camacho, 20, of Lyndhurst, was ticketed for the inoperable headlight, DWI and careless driving.
— Ron Leir