ShopRite of Lyndhurst, an Inserra Supermarkets store, 540 New York Ave., hosts a wellness series throughout September to help mark National Cholesterol Education Month.
Julie Harrington, in-store registered dietician, will run the series.
All of the following programs are free and do not require advance registration, unless otherwise noted.
• Join a weekly Walking Club for a one-mile trek throughout the store, starting at Dietitian’s Corner on Thursdays, Sept. 11, 18 and 25, at 8 a.m. Membership cards and prizes are awarded to all participants.
• Learn easy-to-incorporate heart-healthy cooking methods at a Heart-y Cooking Class on Monday, Sept. 15, at 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Preregistration is required.
• Help combat heart disease and fight hunger with an Exercise Extravaganza class as a fundraiser for Partners in Caring. Two classes will be offered on Wednesday, Sept. 17: a strength class from 5 to 5:45 p.m. and a Zumba class from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Participants pay a $5 fee per class, which will be donated to Partners in Caring, plus purchase canned goods to use as weights which are then donated to a local food pantry. Raindate: Wednesday, Sept. 24.
• Learn how to cook up a healthy dish with Chef Joe on Thursday, Sept. 18, at 1 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
• Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner for the latest high-fiber finds and “how to” tips for increasing fiber intake on Friday, Sept. 19, from noon to 2 p.m.
• Youngsters can learn to prepare a simple, healthy snack at the LiveRight with ShopRite Kids’ Day Cooking Class (ages 6 and up) on Friday, Sept. 19, from 4 to 4:45 p.m. and 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
• Each week’s produce pick will be the “star” of a new dish prepared by the dietitian on Thursday, Sept. 25 and Tuesday, Sept. 30, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Learn how to prepare a vegetarian meal at a Veggie Power Cooking Class on Tuesday, Sept. 30, at 3 p.m. and at 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
In addition to developing a full roster of store-based wellness programs, Shop- Rite’s retail dietitians can serve as guest speakers/instructors at wellness events hosted by local organizations.
For more information or to pre-register for a program, contact Harrington at 201-419-9154 or email Julie. firstname.lastname@example.org.