Throughout November (Diabetes Awareness Month), ShopRite of Lyndhurst, an Inserra Supermarkets store, will host a full roster of health and wellness programs, led by Julie Harrington, in-store registered dietitian.
All programs are free and open to the public and will be held at the store at 540 New York Ave. Unless otherwise noted, advance registration is not required.
• The Weekly Walking Club continues on Thursdays, Nov. 13 and 20. This one-mile trek through the store begins at Dietitian’s Corner at 8 a.m. Membership cards and prizes are awarded to all participants.
• The CarePoint Health van will offer free blood pressure and cholesterol screenings Thursday, Nov. 13, from noon to 4 p.m. No appointment necessary.
• On Diabetes Health Day, Sunday, Nov. 16, free glucose testing and vascular screenings will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. No appointment necessary. A Healthy Thanksgiving Cooking Class — explaining how to prep the turkey and stay guilt-free throughout the holiday season — is set for Thursday, Nov. 20, from 1 to 2 p.m.
• LiveRight with ShopRite Kids’ Day Cooking Class, for ages 6 and up, teaches youngsters how to prepare a simple, healthy snack. It will be held Tuesday, Nov. 25, from 4 to 5 p.m. Space is limited, and preregistration is required.
• Stop by Dietitian’s Corner all day Wednesday, Nov. 26, for last-minute tips on staying healthy through the holiday season.
ShopRite’s dietitians can serve as guest speakers/instructors at wellness events hosted by local organizations.
For more information or to pre-register for a program, contact Harrington at 201- 419-9154 or email Julie.harrington@ wakefern.com.