Hollywood star Pamela Anderson: I didn’t buy a cell phone in Nutley

Hollywood star Pamela Anderson's account was allegedly used by a wireless store clerk in Nutley to 'obtain' a new cell phone and cell service.

Hollywood star Pamela Anderson’s account was allegedly used by a wireless store clerk in Nutley to ‘obtain’ a new cell phone and cell service.


Hollywood star Pamela Anderson bought a cell phone and a new line of cell service in Nutley on Dec. 13 — and somehow, she was nowhere near the township and had no idea she made the purchases.

And that’s all because an employee of a Franklin Ave. wireless company is alleged to have used her account information — and the accounts of lesser-known people — to open new cell phone lines using 10 iPhones and three Samsung Galaxy Android phones, according to the Nutley Police Department.

Police said Timothy Mangione, 39, of Union, an employee at the wireless store, bilked the store of $8,516 in total, a combination of the value of the phones and the phone lines he opened fraudulently, including one in the Anderson’s name.

Nutley Detective Tom Perrota charged Mangione with three counts of theft by deception for adding new cell lines and three counts of forgery.

Police said it was Anderson who brought the fraud to the attention of the wireless store’s owner.

Police continue to investigate, they said.

Mangione, meanwhile, was released on $10,000 bail with a 10% option, pending court.

Kevin Canessa | Journalist & Webmaster

Kevin Canessa Jr. is a journalist and webmaster at The Observer. He is responsible for the editorial content on the newspaper's website, the production of the e-Edition, covering the Nutley Police Department and more behind the scenes. From 2006 to 2008, he served as the editor of The Observer, where he introduced the newspaper to its first-ever blog — which included podcasts, audio and video for the very first time. Originally from Jersey City, Kevin lived in Kearny until 2004, lived in Port St. Lucie. Fla., for four years until February 2016 and in 2016, moved back to Kearny to return to The Observer full time. Click Here to send Kevin an email.