Belleville Public Library and Information Center, 221 Washington Ave., holds a Teddy Bear Tea Party for children on Saturday, May 3, at 2 p.m. Registration closes April 28.
Belleville Irish American Association sponsors a trip to Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, Boston and Mohegan Sun Casino, June 2-6. Cost is $485. For an itinerary or more information, call Pat at 973-751-5308 or email email@example.com.
Belleville Elks Lodge 1123, 254 Washington Ave.. hosts a blood drive on Saturday, April 19, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donors must be at least age 17, weigh at least 120 pounds, bring a signed form of ID and know their social security number. For more information, call the New Jersey Blood Center at 973-676-4700.
Bloomfield Public Library, 90 Broad St., announces:
• Egg Hunt for kids ages 18 months to 5 only on April 16 at 11 a.m.
• Book Club on Monday, May 5, from 6:45 to 7:45 p.m., to discuss Ha Jin’s novel “Waiting.” For more information or for help in locating a copy of the book club selection, call the Reference Desk at 973-566- 6200, ext 502.
Oakeside Bloomfield Cultural Center, 240 Belleville Ave., hosts a Tricky Tray fundraiser on Friday, May 9, at 6:30 p.m. Tickets, available only in advance, are $25. To purchase tickets, call 973-429-0960.
The Peruvians United of Harrison will conduct a food drive on April 20 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in front of Harrison Town Hall. All of the food will be donated to Holy Cross Church.
Kearny Public Library, 318 Kearny Ave., announces:
• Uncle John’s Puppets performance will be held Thursday, April 17, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• There’ll be a screening of a Disney Double Feature of “The Jungle Book” at 1 p.m. and “The Jungle Book 2” at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16. Registration is not required for these programs, but seating is limited.
• A book sale continues through Thursday, April 17, during normal library hours. Patrons will find a huge selection of donated and discarded hardcover and paperback books. Books are a quarter each or five for $1.
Kearny High School’s Project Graduation sponsors a Volleyball Tournament on Friday, April 25, in the school’s gymnasium, 336 Devon St. Contact Melissa Dyl for information at 201-978-8257. There will be a 50/50 raffle Friday, June 20, after graduation ceremonies. The winner need not be present. Tickets are $10. To purchase or sell tickets, contact Sandy Hyde at 551-265-8969.
Kearny UNICO sponsors a fundraising bus trip to the Showboat Casino in Atlantic City on Sunday, April 27, leaving from the parking lot of Kearny Federal Savings Bank at 8:30 a.m. Tickets are $30 and can be obtained by calling Lou Pandolfi at 201-368-2409.
The Humane Society of Bergen County, 221-223 Stuyvesant Ave., meets April 22 at 7 p.m. to elect officers.The public is invited to see the shelter and meet the board of directors. For more information, call 201- 896-9300.
The New Jersey Meadowlands Commission will hold a free Earth Day concert, featuring Spook Handy, Tuesday, April 22, at 7:30 p.m. at the Meadowlands Environment Center, 2 DeKorte Park Plaza. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. To register, contact Don Torino of the BCAS at greatauk4@aol. com or 201-230-4983.
Learn how the N.J. Invasive Strike Team is working to address the spread of non-native species that threaten the environment and natural resources on Wednesday, April 23, from 7 to 9 p.m., at the MEC. It’s open to all ages. Admission is $5; $4 for MEC members. Registration is recommended and appreciated. To register, visit www.njmeadowlands.gov/ec.
Registration is required for a Ladybug craft program for grades 1 to 4 at Lyndhurst Public Library, 355 Valley Brook Ave., on Monday, April 28, 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. Call the library at 201-804-2478 to register.
Lyndhurst Health Department, 601 Riverside Avenue, Suite 1, hosts a free Women’s Health Clinic, in partnership with Clara Maass Medical Center, on April 25, at 9 a.m. The clinic will provide education on breast self-examination and a pap smear. This event is open to female township residents age 18 and older. For appointments, call 201-804- 2500.
Dr. John Favetta will conduct free eye screening Wednesday, May 7, at 10 a.m., at the Health Dept. He will test for vision acuity, visual field and glaucoma. Call for an appointment.
Polish American Citizens Club, 730 New Jersey Ave., presents a Polka Mass dinner dance on Saturday, April 26, from 6 to 11:30 p.m. Tickets are $35. For tickets, call Alice at 201-935-3830 or Loretta at 201- 438-3513.
Lyndhurst Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3549, 527 Valley Brook Ave., hosts a Karaoke party on Friday, April 25, at 7 p.m. The VFW hall is available to rent for all occasions. For more information, call the post at 201-939-3080.
North Arlington Public Library, 210 Ridge Road, offers:
• ESL Group Class on Tuesdays starts April 22. Visit or call for more information. • Historical Fact and Fiction Club meets Thursday, April 24, at 10 a.m.
• Saturday Afternoon Poets celebrate National Poetry Month April 26 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. with a poetry reading and music performance. All ages are welcome.
• YA Movie Day for grades 6 and up will be held Friday, April 25, at 3 p.m.
• Comics Club for grades 6 and up meets Wednesday, April 30, at 3:30 p.m.
• Origami for grades 4 and up is held Monday, April 28, at 3:30 p.m.
• Woman’s Club Craft is available for grades K to 5 Tuesday, April 22, at 6 p.m. Registration is required. Call 201-955-5640, ext. 126. To register, just leave a message.
Senior Harmony Club announces the following trips:
• Sands Casino, Thursday, April 24. For reservations or information, call Florence at 201-991-3173.
• Westchester Broadway Theater to see the musical “Ragtime,” Thursday, May 1. Reservations must be made ASAP. Call Anna at 201-939- 2960.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, 120 Prospect St., hosts a Home-made Pasta Dinner Saturday, May 3, at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $6 for children ages 12 and younger. Visit the rectory to purchase tickets. All proceeds benefit the church’s CCD program.
Registration is open for the Nutley Parks and Recreation Department’s “Let’s Get Moving,” for ages 3 to 5, to refine motor skills and increase balance. Classes begin April 22. Two sessions are available: Tuesdays at 1 p.m. or Thursdays at 9:15 a.m. Online registration is available at nutleynj.my.gov-i.com/recreation or at the Recreation Department, 44 Park Ave, reachable at 973-284-4966.
Nutley Police Department holds its next Neighborhood Watch meeting April 24 at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Building on the third floor. This meeting will focus on identity theft and learning about common scams.
Nutley Public Library, 93 Booth Drive, announces:
• Earth Day Story Time, Monday, April 21, at 7 p.m.
• Friends of the Library book sale, April 24 to 26, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Stock up on hardcover books, paperbacks, CDs and DVDs. Donations will be collected April 21 to 23.