web analytics

Then & Now

 

Photo courtesy Kearny Museum

Photo courtesy Kearny Museum

Photo by Karen Zautyk

Photo by Karen Zautyk

 

The intersection of Kearny and Midland Aves. still resembled a rural crossroads when this photo of the First Presbyterian Church of Arlington was taken, probably sometime in the late 1800s. (The church was founded in 1879, but the photo itself is undated.) The building stood on the southeast corner of Kearny and Midland until growth of the congregation required a larger structure. The new church, still located at Kearny and Laurel Aves., was dedicated in 1914. As for the original site, it is now the home of several small businesses, including one — a computer repair center — that would have been a complete mystery to the children in the picture.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.