ShopRite of Lyndhurst, an Inserra Supermarkets store, 540 New York Ave., offers the following wellness and healthy eating events led by its in-store registered dietitian Julie Harrington. ShopRite’s free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public.
For more information or to pre-register for one of the events, contact Harrington at 201-419-9154 or Julie.harrington@ wakefern.com.
Here’s the schedule:
• High Fiber Friday – Friday, June 20, 1 to 3 p.m. Visit the Dietitian’s Corner for some tasty ideas on increasing your daily fiber intake.
• Produce Pick – Tuesdays, June 10 and 17, 2 to 4 p.m. Meet ShopRite’s in-store dietitian in the Produce Department for samples of this month’s pick and recipe ideas.
• Men’s Health Day – Friday, June 13, 4:30 to 6 p.m. Drop by the Dietitian’s Corner for a recipe for a Father’s Day gift for dad that he is sure to love.
• Earthbound Farms Sam pling – Saturday, June 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. ShopRite’s instore dietitian and a member of the Earthbound Farms Organic team will have samples of flavorful kale creations and recipes.
• Re-Think Your Drink – Monday, June 16, noon to 2 p.m. Get the inside scoop on cooling down this summer with refreshing, non-sugary drink options. • Fresh Food Fast: 5-Ingredient Recipe Cooking Class – Wednesday, June 18, 4 to 5 p.m. Attendees will learn a five-ingredient recipe that takes less time to prepare than picking up takeout. Pre-registration is required. To register, call 201-419-9154 or email Julie.harrington@ wakefern.com.
• Smart Snacking: Clif Mojo Bars – Thursday, June 19, 10 a.m. to noon. Sample Clif Mojo Bars, known as a healthy, on the go snack. • Spread the Love: Nut Butter Tasting – Monday, June 23, noon to 3 p.m. Join in a tasting of all the flavors of Wild Friends nut butters and find out how heart-healthy nuts are.
• Bone Up on Calcium – Thursday, June 26, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visit the Dietitian’s Corner for a yogurt tasting and tips on other great sources of calcium.
• LiveRight with ShopRite Kid’s Day (ages 6 and up) – Friday, June 27, 4 to 5 p.m. At a free cooking class, kids can sample their creations and bring home recipes too. Pre-registration is required, and a parent or guardian must be present. To register, call 201-419-9154 or email Julie.harrington@ wakefern.com.
• Smart Snacking: Crispy Fruit Freeze-Dried Snacks –Saturday, June 28, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sample Crispy Fruit Freeze-Dried offerings and learn other ways to combat the dreaded “snack attack.”
• Build a Better Burger – Monday, June 30, 1 to 2 p.m. and 5 to 6 p.m. Join a cooking class aimed at helping attendees learn healthy burger recipes and nutrition tips. To register, call 201-419-9154 or email Julie.harrington@ wakefern.com.