ShopRite of Lyndhurst, an Inserra Supermarkets store, is hosting a series of nutrition and wellness events for March led by Julie Harrington, in-store registered dietician.
The programs are free and are being held at the Lyndhurst store, 540 New York Ave., for local residents. All programs are open to the public and do not require advance registration unless otherwise noted.
Here’s the list:
• Julie’s Walking Club meets Thursdays at 8 a.m. for a onemile trek through the store, starting at the Dietician’s Corner. Membership cards and prizes are provided to all participants.
• LiveRight with Shop – Rite Cooking Class’s: Lucky Luncheon Edition is set for Thursday, March 12, at 1 p.m. Space is limited, and preregistration is required. Join ShopRite’s in-store dietitian and culinary chef for this St. Patrick’s Day inspired class.
• Happy “Freekah” Friday on March 13, noon to 2 p.m. includes new ways to meet fiber needs each day.
• YMCA and ShopRite Day is set for Saturday, March 21, from 9 a.m.to 2 p.m. Visit the Dietitian’s Corner to hear how the YMCA and ShopRite are partnering to promote wellness in the community. A YMCA representative will be at the store to discuss upcoming programs and ShopRite’s in-store dietitian will have samples of a healthy snack.
• Julie’s Produce Pick will have ShopRite’s dietician mixing the week’s produce pick into a delicious new dish on Monday, March 23, from 1 to 3 p.m. Stop by for samples and recipe cards.
• “KIND-a-Awesome Snacks on Tuesday, March 24, from 1 to 3 p.m. is being held in recognition of Diabetes Alert Day. ShopRite’s in-store dietitian will have samples of a diabetes-friendly snack.
• LiveRight with ShopRite Kids’ Day Cooking Class offers little chefs ages 6 and up a chance to create and try new health foods on Wednes day, March 25, starting at 4 p.m. Pre-register for this event.
• Health Grocery Store Tour is being held in recognition of National Nutrition Month on Thursday, March 26, from 11 a.m. to noon. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. ShopRite’s in-store dietitian will lead a tour through the aisles, giving tips on reading labels and making sound food choices.
• LiveRight with Shop – Rite Cooking Class’s: Easter Brunch Edition is set for Monday, March 30, at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Space is limited, and preregistration is required. Join ShopRite’s in-store dietitian and culinary chef in preparing a tasty, nutrition-packed Easter Brunch.
ShopRite’s retail dieticians can also serve as guest speakers/ instructors at wellness events hosted by local organizations. For more information or to pre-register for a program, call Harrington at 201- 419-9154 or email her at Julie. email@example.com.