Highlights from the Lyndhurst Police blotter

Nov. 6

At 4:48 a.m., police discovered that someone had spray painted red graffiti in the form of random lettering on the north side of the T.J. Maxx department store building in the shopping mall at 423 Valley Brook Ave.

Nov. 5

At 9:32 p.m., police responded to a call from a taxi driver at Rutherford and Stuyvesant Aves. about a passenger who appeared to be acting irrationally. The cabbie told police that his fare had pre-paid for a ride from Paterson to East Rutherford but while traveling through Lyndhurst, had begun arguing and opened the cab door. After finding some wet cigarettes that, police suspect, may have been dipped in PCP on the passenger, police charged Hector Alameda, 28, of East Rutherford, with possession of drugs and being under the influence of drugs. Alameda was taken to Hackensack University Medical Center for observation.

Nov. 4

At 8:33 a.m., police were called to Columbus School on Lake Ave. on a report of inappropriate behavior. Police charged Narsingrao Gollyala, 66, of Forest Hills, N.Y., with urinating in public outside a school and lewdness. Police said Gollyala had just dropped off a family member at the school and was observed relieving himself by an adult and child in the area.

Nov. 3

At 3:39 p.m., police responded to the Kings Court fitness center on a report of theft. Police said they were met there by a Kearny man who told police he’d left his gym bag with the keys to his 2008 Mercedes, parked in the Kings Court lot, under a bench in a locker room and, upon returning, noticed that the bag appeared to have been moved and the keys missing. When he went outside to check his car, the man located his keys outside his car but found that someone had removed his $600 I-phone and his wallet containing $250, his license and several credit cards from the vehicle, police said.

Nov. 2

At 3:43 p.m., police received a report of theft from Kings Court. A Lyndhurst woman told police someone stole her $500 I-phone and set of keys from a locker which, police said, had been left unsecured.

– Ron Leir

Learn more about the writer ...