The Township of Belleville will hold its “We Remember Sept. 11, 2001” ceremony on Friday, Sept. 11, at 10 a.m., in Belleville 9/11 Park, Franklin Ave. and Chestnut St.
Belleville Public Library and Information Center, 221 Washington Ave., announces the following programs for children. Registration is required for all programs. Call the library at 973-450-3434 to register.
- Autumn Fest, open to all ages, is set for Saturday, Sept. 19, at 11 a.m.
- Computer classes, open to grades K to 6, are available by appointment. Children learn Microsoft World and online research skills.
Holy Cross Church is accepting deposits now for an eight-day cruise to the Caribbean, launching July 4, 2016. Total cost per person is $1,325. A deposit of $325 per person is due immediately to reserve a cabin (deadline for making deposits is Oct. 10). After a deposit is made, passengers can make partial payments until paid in full. Contact Gina at 973-484-4023 for more information.
Pathways to Independence, 60 Kingsland Ave., holds its annual 2-mile Walk-a-Thon on Saturday, Oct. 3, at 10 a.m., at West Hudson Park. To participate, fill out a registration form and recruit friends, relatives or co-workers as sponsors to pledge a specific dollar amount, anywhere from $1 to $100. Register yourself or your team in advance by obtaining forms at the Pathways office or call 201-997-6155 to have forms mailed to you. Or, register on the day of the walk at the Schuyler Ave. entrance of the park, starting at 9 a.m. Silva Construction sponsors a free event T-shirt for each participant turning in $100 or more in pledges.
Kearny UNICO holds its monthly membership meeting on Thursday, Sept. 10, at 7 p.m., at American Legion Post 99, 314 Belgrove Drive.
UNICO will run a fundraising bus trip to the Tropicana Casino in Atlantic City on Sunday, Sept. 20. Tickets are $30 per person with $25 back in slot credit from the casino. The bus leaves the parking lot of Kearny Bank, 614 Kearny Ave., at 8:30 a.m. Refreshments will be served beginning at 7:30 a.m. For tickets, contact Lou Pandolfi at 201-368-2409.
Kearny Public Library, 318 Kearny Ave., announces the following programs. Registration is not required, but seating is limited. For more information, call the children’s room at 201-998-2666.
- Art class, open to ages 9 to 14, is set for Thursday, Sept. 10, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Preschool Art for ages 3 to 5 takes place from 11 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Sept. 24. Seating is limited and will be first-come, first-served. The library will provide the supplies.
- Preschool Story Time with parent participation for ages up to 4 takes place every Tuesday from 11 to 11:45 a.m. This class repeats on Thursdays from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. No class on Thursday, Sept. 24.
- A Preschool Story Time for ages up to 4 with parent participation takes place every Wednesday from 10:15 to 11 a.m. at the Branch Library, 759 Kearny Ave. No class on Sept. 23.
- A free theatrical presentation of “Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles” by actors from Raconteur Radio is set for Saturday, Sept. 12, at 2 p.m. Before the show, children of all ages are invited to join a scavenger hunt. Seating is limited to 100 people on a first-come, first-served basis.
- City Winds Trio, a professional chamber group, consisting of flute, oboe and bassoon, performs in the library’s reading garden at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 17. In the event of rain or inclement weather, the performance will be in the lower level assembly room.
Calvary United Methodist Church, Kearny, holds its annual picnic at Riverbank Park, across from Stewart’s, on Saturday, Sept. 12, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free.
The Lyndhurst Youth Roller Hockey League is holding online registration for the 2015 season. Boys and girls from the surrounding towns are also eligible to participate. Beginners are welcome. There are three divisions: Mite (grades K-2), Midget (3-5) and Junior (6-8). The season begins in late September. For more information, or to register, visit Leagues.BlueSombrero. com/LyndhurstHockey. More information is available on Facebook at Lyndhurst Youth Hockey League or email at LyndHockey@ymail.com.
Lyndhurst Public Library, 355 Valley Brook Ave., announces the following programs. Registration is required only where noted. To register or for more information, call the library at 201-804-2478.
- Registration is open through Sept. 18 for Fall Storytime, open to ages 3 to 4 1/2. Children may attend a 10:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. session. The program begins on Thursday, Sept. 24. Space is limited.
- “Enchanting Ireland,” a slide lecture with classic Irish music, is set for Wednesday, Sept. 16, at 6:30 p.m. Space is limited and registration is necessary. To register, call the library at 201-804-2478, ext. 7, or email romeo@lyndhurst. bccls.org.
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority (NJSEA) announces the following programs:
- A guided canoe tour exploring the Hackensack River and its marshes is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 12, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., launching from Laurel Hill Boat Ramp, Secaucus. This program is recommended for ages 10 and up. Cost is $15 per person. Pre-registration and payment are required. For a registration form, visit www.njmeadowlands.gov and click on “2015 Fall Events.” For more information, call 201- 460-4640.
- Third-Tuesday-of-the- Month Nature Walk is set for Sept. 15, from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Harrier Meadow in North Arlington (entrance to Harrier Meadow is located about 1/4 mile in from Schuyler Ave. on Disposal Road). For information and to register, email email@example.com or call 201-230-4983.
American Legion Alexander Stover Post 37, 222 River Road, meets on Monday, Sept. 14, at 7 p.m.
Nutley High School Class of 1970 is holding its 45th reunion on Saturday, Oct. 10, at the Franklin Steak House, 238 Franklin Ave. Registration forms are due A.S.A.P. For details, contact Florence at FloD2@msn.com.
Nutley Public Library, 93 Booth Drive, announces the following programs. Registration is required where noted. To register, call the library at 973-667-0405.
- Teen Video Game Club meets Sept. 15 and 29 at 3 p.m. No registration is required.
- Lego Club for Kids meets on Saturday, Sept. 19, at 2 p.m. Registration is required.
- Tuesday Night Graphic Novel Club meets on Sept. 22 at 7 p.m. Sample food from local eateries while discussing “Watchmen” by Alan Moore. Copies are available at the library. Register online at nutleypubliclibrary.org/graphicnovelclub or by phone at 973-667-0405, ext. 2604.