Reported cases of COVID-19 continue to jump in Essex County, according to official numbers released by Essex County Spokesman Anthony Puglisi.
According to Puglisi:
- In between the reporting periods — yesterday, March 30, at 5 p.m. and today, March 31, at 9 a.m., Belleville’s overall cases jumped from 109 to 135.
- Nutley’s overall cases increased from 81 to 101.
- As of 9 a.m. this morning, Belleville has suffered two fatalities — and Nutley jumped from 4 to now 5 deaths.
- Thus far, Montclair has the most deaths at 10. Newark has 8 and Nutley has the third most at 5.
- Positive case wise, Newark has the most at 568. East Orange has the second most at 205. Irvington has 165. West Orange comes in at 136. Belleville has the fifth-most cases at 135.
- In total, 1,714 cases have been reported in Essex and there have been 36 total deaths.
Learn more about the writer ...
Kevin A. Canessa Jr. is the editor of and broadcaster at The Observer, a place where he has served on and off since 2006. He is responsible for the editorial content of the newspaper and website, the production of the e-Newspaper, writing several stories per week (including the weekly editorial), conducting live broadcasts on Facebook Live, including a weekly recap of the news — and much more behind the scenes. Between 2006 and 2008, he introduced the newspaper to its first-ever blog — which included podcasts, audio and video. Originally from Jersey City, Kevin lived in Kearny until 2004, lived in Port St. Lucie. Florida, for four years until February 2016 and in March of that year, he moved back to West Hudson to return to The Observer full time. Click Here to send Kevin an email.