Passaic County man, wanted for alleged attempted homicide, taken into custody by Lyndhurst PD: Auteri

A Passaic County man wanted by authorities in Smyth County, Virginia, for an alleged attempted homicide was taken into custody Sunday, June 7, at the Winslow Motel by the Lyndhurst Police Department, Det. Lt. Vincent Auteri, the LPD’s public-information officer told The Observer.

The suspect, Andrew Wible, 25, of Bloomingdale, New Jersey, surrendered peacefully to the Lyndhurst PD’s Hostage Negotiation Team and Emergency Response Team after initially refusing to exit his motel room at the request of the officers who first responded, Auteri said.

Auteri said authorities in Smyth County in Virginia had called them with intelligence that Wible was likely at the Winslow Motel at 204 Rutherford Ave., Lyndhurst.

While not much was immediately known about the incident that led to Wible being a fugitive from justice, Auteri said he believed the charge stemmed from a drug deal gone bad in Virginia.

Wible was remanded to the Bergen County Jail, Hackensack, where he will remain until proceedings for extradition to Virginia, Auteri said.

Smyth County, Virginia, is located in the southwestern portion of the state and at the 2010 Census, had a little more than 32,000 residents. Its borders near North Carolina and Tennessee. It is also just a few counties away from Kentucky.

Learn more about the writer ...

Kevin A. Canessa Jr. is the editor of and broadcaster at The Observer, a place where he has served on and off since 2006. He is responsible for the editorial content of the newspaper and website, the production of the e-Newspaper, writing several stories per week (including the weekly editorial), conducting live broadcasts on Facebook Live, including a weekly recap of the news — and much more behind the scenes. Between 2006 and 2008, he introduced the newspaper to its first-ever blog — which included podcasts, audio and video. Originally from Jersey City, Kevin lived in Kearny until 2004, lived in Port St. Lucie. Florida, for four years until February 2016 and in March of that year, he moved back to West Hudson to return to The Observer full time. Click Here to send Kevin an email.