Beginning at 8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 26 and continuing until 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 27, NJDOT’s contractor, I.E.W. Construction., is scheduled to close and detour northbound lanes on Route 1&9 Truck at the Bridge across the Passaic River. The closure will allow the contractor to install barrier sliding plates on the parapet of the moveable bridge. The following detour will be in place:
Route 1&9 Truck northbound from Newark:
- Traffic on Route 1&9 Truck north will be directed to take the Doremus Avenue exit
- Turn left onto Doremus Avenue north
- Stay right and follow signs for Route 1&9 Truck South/Raymond Boulevard
- Stay right and take the exit for Raymond Boulevard
- At traffic signal, turn right onto Raymond Boulevard
- Follow Raymond Boulevard westbound for 2.1 miles
- Turn right onto Route 21 north/McCarter Highway
- Take the exit to I-280 eastbound
- Stay in the right lane, cross Route 21, and follow signs for I-280 eastbound
- Follow I-280 eastbound and take Exit 17A – CR508/Newark-Jersey City Turnpike
- Follow CR508 eastbound, which becomes Route 7 eastbound
- Take Route 7 eastbound across the Wittpenn Bridge to Route 1&9 Truck
Learn more about the writer ...
Kevin A. Canessa Jr. is the editor of and broadcaster at The Observer, a place where he has served on and off since 2006. He is responsible for the editorial content of the newspaper and website, the production of the e-Newspaper, writing several stories per week (including the weekly editorial), conducting live broadcasts on Facebook Live, including a weekly recap of the news — and much more behind the scenes. Between 2006 and 2008, he introduced the newspaper to its first-ever blog — which included podcasts, audio and video. Originally from Jersey City, Kevin lived in Kearny until 2004, lived in Port St. Lucie. Florida, for four years until February 2016 and in March of that year, he moved back to West Hudson to return to The Observer full time. Click Here to send Kevin an email.