All lanes on Routes 1&9 Truck southbound between Kearny and Newark will be closed and detoured this weekend as repairs to the bridge across the Passaic River continue between Hudson and Essex counties.
The closure will begin at 8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 7 until 5 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 9.
The following detour will be in place:
Route 1&9 southbound from Jersey City detour:
- Motorists on Routes 1&9 south in Jersey City will be directed to stay right and follow signs for Route 7 west/Wittpenn Bridge
- Cross the Wittpenn Bridge
- Stay left and follow signs for I-280/Harrison/Newark
- Take the exit ramp to I-280 westbound
- Take Exit 15 for Route 21/Newark/Belleville
- Turn right onto Route 21 South/McCarter Highway
- Turn left onto Raymond Boulevard
- Take the ramp to the New Jersey Turnpike OR
- Take the ramp to Doremus Avenue
- Turn left onto Doremus Avenue to Route 1&9 south or the New Jersey Turnpike
Learn more about the writer ...
Kevin A. Canessa Jr. is the editor of and broadcaster at The Observer, a place where he has served on and off since 2006. He is responsible for the editorial content of the newspaper and website, the production of the e-Newspaper, writing several stories per week (including the weekly editorial), conducting live broadcasts on Facebook Live, including a weekly recap of the news — and much more behind the scenes. Between 2006 and 2008, he introduced the newspaper to its first-ever blog — which included podcasts, audio and video. Originally from Jersey City, Kevin lived in Kearny until 2004, lived in Port St. Lucie. Florida, for four years until February 2016 and in March of that year, he moved back to West Hudson to return to The Observer full time. Click Here to send Kevin an email.