The Woman’s Club of Arlington (WCA) has a long history of recognizing outstanding Kearny High School seniors by awarding scholarships, which are intended to assist the graduates in their transition to college. This year, because of the support of other club members, Kearny residents, families and friends attending fundraisers, the club was able to award nine scholarships.
The recipients were selected through a collaboration between the Guidance Department and the KHS scholarship committee. The 2022 recipients are:
- Mariana Martins was awarded a $500 scholarship.
- Nathaly Lozardo Arreaga was presented with the English Medal and a $125 stipend.
- Elsiemary Hernandez received the $200 Hudson County College Scholarship.
- Cecilia Garcia was awarded a $200 Vocational Scholarship.
- Hannah Paszkiewicz was given a $200 STEM Scholarship.
- A $200 Arts Scholarship was awarded to Sarena Campos.
- Coralie Chrysaphis received the $200 Culinary Scholarship.
- Antonio Peralta and Victor-Jose Rodriguez each received a $100 Achievement Award.
Learn more about the writer ...
Kevin A. Canessa Jr. is the editor of and broadcaster at The Observer, a place where he has served on and off since 2006. He is responsible for the editorial content of the newspaper and website, the production of the e-Newspaper, writing several stories per week (including the weekly editorial), conducting live broadcasts on Facebook Live, including a weekly recap of the news — and much more behind the scenes. Between 2006 and 2008, he introduced the newspaper to its first-ever blog — which included podcasts, audio and video. Originally from Jersey City, Kevin lived in Kearny until 2004, lived in Port St. Lucie. Florida, for four years until February 2016 and in March of that year, he moved back to West Hudson to return to The Observer full time. Click Here to send Kevin an email.