More prison time for N.A. man

Richard Grossy
Richard Grossy

A 41-year-old North Arlington man has been sentenced to at least two more years in prison after he was found guilty of masturbating in front of two 12-yearold girls at his North Arlington home in 2013, the Cliffview Pilot reports.

Richard Grossy, whose last known address was 207 High St., North Arlington, had been arrested in 2013 and charged with two counts of sexual assault by sexual contact, one count of aggravated criminal sexual contact, two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of promoting obscene material.

The arrest was the result of an investigation conducted by members of the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit and the North Arlington Police Department.

On June 19, 2013, members of the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit and the North Arlington Police Department arrested Grossy after learning he engaged in inappropriate sexual activity with 12- and 13-year-old girls who were his acquaintances.

The Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office said the 12-yearold reported the incident to her mother who then contacted the North Arlington Police Department who then notified the Special Victims Unit.

Grossy has been held on $250,000 bail — with no 10% cash option — at the Bergen County Jail since 2013.

The Pilot reports Grossy was sentenced to two concurrent 5-year sentences, with time served already to count toward the five years. Grossy must serve 85% of the sentence before he is eligible for parole because of the state’s No Early Release Act. Sexually based crimes fall under the act.

Learn more about the writer ...

Kevin A. Canessa Jr. is the editor of and broadcaster at The Observer, a place where he has served on and off since 2006. He is responsible for the editorial content of the newspaper and website, the production of the e-Newspaper, writing several stories per week (including the weekly editorial), conducting live broadcasts on Facebook Live, including a weekly recap of the news — and much more behind the scenes. Between 2006 and 2008, he introduced the newspaper to its first-ever blog — which included podcasts, audio and video. Originally from Jersey City, Kevin lived in Kearny until 2004, lived in Port St. Lucie. Florida, for four years until February 2016 and in March of that year, he moved back to West Hudson to return to The Observer full time. Click Here to send Kevin an email.